Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Alternative Assignment #1

After doing this small experiment I learned a lot. Google Squared is very handy when you’re doing researches on countries, mountains, music…etc. The information is shown very clearly and you can even add the information you need if it’s not there.
Wolfram Alpha is very useful when comparing things. The work is basically already done for you; you just need to type what you’re looking for.
Before this assignment I had no idea that Google Square and Wolfram Alpha existed.
After reading my comment about Did You Know, I did mention that I did learn a lot about countries. I could learn even more if I decide to use these two programs.
This exercise is very interesting, and I’m glad to learn about new statistics about different topics.

Here is a screen shot of the Pitcairn Islands.
Pitcairn Islands map


I just read Food For Thought, and just smiled. It’s impressive to see young children using phones, computers, and ipods…etc even if they probably never used one before. Today's kids are growing up with technology, “it’s in their blood”.

No comments:

Post a Comment