Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog #4

Link to Scott Mclead Post
I totally agree with Scott McLeod. I truly believe that our children should wait before they get access to a computer, phones, and blogs. How did we do it when we were kids? I personally didn’t have a phone, blogs or a computer, and I was fine. I think we’re losing the “pleasure” of writing on paper and using ink pens.
I believe that when you’re in elementary school you don’t really need to use technology- it’s not a big need. Students need it especially in high school and in college.

Who is Scott McLeod?
Scott McLeod is the co-creator of the video we had to watch for one of our blogs- Did You Know?
He has received several national awards for his technology leadership work.




After watching “The iSchool Initiative” video it makes you really think about the future and what will happen to your kids. It’s scary to think that nearly everything can be done through technology. In future years teachers will be cut down as a lot of classes will be online, for example look at this EDM class- I don’t have to go to class, I can just stay home and communicate with my teacher and peers through the blogs.
However he does state something very true, less paper will be used/wasted, which will help our environment, but what he doesn’t realize is that the manufacturing of iSchools may produce more pollution resulting to damaging the environment.




My first reaction when watching “The Lost Generation” was “is she crazy?” during the first half of the video I was against her. And then suddenly she had hope and everything made sense, and I started agreeing with what she was saying. I think that if our generation really wants to make a change we can.
In her video I really liked how her text made sense in both ways- you could read it from top to bottom or from bottom to top. I guess this shows that there’s more than one way of thinking, you have the negative or the positive side- it’s for you to decide which one you’re on.


Link to Eric Whitaker's Virtual Choir
Eric Whitaker’s Virtual Choir- “Lux Aurumque” video gave me gooses pumps when I first heard the voices. I took me a few seconds to understand what was going on. This really made me think about the future and what are we going to do next? I think it’s fantastic to be able to take music lesson through technology, so a lot of people can afford it. But on the other hand it’s “ruining” the charm of a choir, and actually going to see real people sing. If everything is going to be through technology, what will happen to our social life? Are we still going to have one?

1 comment:

  1. Elo,

    Your statement ... I believe that when you’re in elementary school you don’t really need to use technology- it’s not a big need. As a future educator, do you think that this is accurate given that students in elementary school currently have more exposure to technology then ever before?

    ReplyDelete